It seems that all my original ideas and concepts morph into something that barely relates to the topic at all... this project is no exception. My original idea was to have a woman appearing to be nude to show reflection and to promote a healthier body image. Once the photo shoot started, it became more self reflection and less nude. The window represents the future, and the unknown. I wanted to show how much a woman thinks about her body, herself, and the future.
I think this is a very powerful choice of imagery. So good! I love the black and white with this as well. This could be my favorite of this week. Maybe next time you could also stage what is outside the window.
have to agree that black and white does go well with this...The contrast is strong...Did you shoot these with film..if so sweet..I think that possible something outside or on the window could have complimented the pictures more...but still they are great...
The image that really stands out to me in this series is the second to last. The expression and short depth of field really draw the viewer to her face and eyes...which is the most important part of the image. It's interesting to me that you can see the "heat"? steam on the window from her fingers in one of the images. Good choice in deciding to make these black and white. I'd love to see less of the background in several of them so the viewer is really drawn to just her.
I loved the idea. It would have been awesome if could have done what you set out for. It would have been cool to see someone standing in front of something that would reflect and have a different photo as the refection of what the person would have wanted to look like.
Awesome project Shaina. The window light is great. The last photo is powerful, I might have tried to get less of the distractions from the lines in the window.
As an artist my main goal is to convey the truth to the best of my abilities. God is the designer and artist of the world, so I try my best to capture and recreate his creations honestly. I think it is so important in a world of airbrushing to show so-called “flaws” and find the true beauty in them. I believe there is beauty in pain and destruction as well as in the obvious. It is my mission to find that in every work of art that I make.
I think this is a very powerful choice of imagery. So good! I love the black and white with this as well. This could be my favorite of this week. Maybe next time you could also stage what is outside the window.
ReplyDeletehave to agree that black and white does go well with this...The contrast is strong...Did you shoot these with film..if so sweet..I think that possible something outside or on the window could have complimented the pictures more...but still they are great...
ReplyDeleteThe image that really stands out to me in this series is the second to last. The expression and short depth of field really draw the viewer to her face and eyes...which is the most important part of the image. It's interesting to me that you can see the "heat"? steam on the window from her fingers in one of the images. Good choice in deciding to make these black and white. I'd love to see less of the background in several of them so the viewer is really drawn to just her.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of this project. I think the black and white really add to the message you were trying to demonstrate.
ReplyDeleteI really like how natural she looks in these photos. That goes well with the your showing just who she is without all the extras.
ReplyDeleteI loved the idea. It would have been awesome if could have done what you set out for. It would have been cool to see someone standing in front of something that would reflect and have a different photo as the refection of what the person would have wanted to look like.
ReplyDeleteAwesome project Shaina. The window light is great. The last photo is powerful, I might have tried to get less of the distractions from the lines in the window.
ReplyDelete