

For the next project I really wanted to capture the honest laugh. I didn't want the photos to be clear, because I think the slow exposure displays the craziness and spontaneity of laughing. Emotion was the main goal of these photos, so I did have to sacrifice some principles of photography.

Shaina, you did an amazing job of capturing laughter. I think this project would be hard to complete without shots turning out looking posed, but these are definitely spontaneous. The composition of the second one is my favorite. Well done.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the laughing photos. You definitely accomplished your goal for the project. Perhaps the second photo could have been cropped differently to add to the affect. Possibly cut out the face on the left hand side and make the focus the girl in back. They look great!
ReplyDeleteOh, these are great. I like how they are so candid, but they still look really good and almost planned out. You really captured the mood. Good work.
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful "raw" images of friends out on the town enjoying life together. The first image gives a strong sense of the emotion you wished to capture.
ReplyDeleteIn a perfect world you would be able to set up your camera and get cleaner shots, but I am confident the images turned out that way because of the spontenaety of the photos; not because you don't know how to set up pictures and lighting to get clear shots (which you've proven by your still life images from your last project).
Looking forward to seeing more of your work!