Sunday, February 17, 2008

Project 5 - Contrast





When the sun occasionally shines at Fox I can't resist taking pictures of the silhouettes of the trees in the winter. I wanted to contrast man-made creations with God's creations, along with the value contrast.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos Shaina, way to capture that sunshine while it's here! My favorite is the first photo. The contrast is great and the lines work well together. The compositions of the other two are not as good as the first.
    Good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Margi in that your first photo is the strongest. This project idea is a great concept, but a hard one to portray effectively so that the viewer thinks about and understands the meaning behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first picture is strongest also, especially for contrast. The middle picture looks a little bit like a snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo of the clock tower give me the opposite view of the quad than I usually have. The photo is dark and there is very little movement. It's interesting that this perspective was taken, doing it in black and white also adds to this affect.

    This photo is truly great. The shadows and lines keep my attention and it makes the image easy to look at. Great work!

    ReplyDelete